ΕΙΔΗΣΕΙΣ ΤΩΡΑ.

Μακαριότατε Αρχιεπίσκοπε Νέας Ιουστινιανής και πάσης Κύπρου κ Χρυσόστομε Β’,

Παρακαλούμε όπως βρείτε παρακάτω την επιστολή που απέστειλε ο Σύνδεσμος Αμμοχώστου Μ.Β. στα μέλη του Συμβουλίου της Ευρώπης σχετικά με το ψήφισμα για επέτειο της Κυπριακής Ανεξαρτησίας και για την Αμμόχωστο το οποίο εγκρίθηκε και κατατέθηκε στο Συμβούλιο της Ευρώπης μετά από τις επίμονες προσπάθειες της επιτροπής του Συνδέσμου Αμμοχώστου Μ.Β και του προέδρου της Δρ. Βασίλη Μαύρου που συνέβαλαν στην διατύπωση του. Εδώ μπορείτε να βρείτε τις σχετικές πληροφορίες στον ιστότοπο: https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29361.

Call for Famagusta’s return to its lawful inhabitants

Bureau and Presidential Committee. Bureau; Presidential Committee; Committees. POL – Political Affairs and Democracy; JUR – Legal Affairs and Human Rights

pace.coe.int

Υπενθυμίζουμε ότι το παρακάτω ψήφισμα το οποίο συγκέντρωσε και τις προ απαιτούμενες 20 υπογραφές στο Συμβούλιο της Ευρώπης θα συζητηθεί στο Προεδρείο της Συνέλευσης αυτόν τον μήνα στις 6 και στις 24 Σεπτεμβρίου 2021 . Πρόκειται για μια μεγάλη επιτυχία που κατάφερε να φέρει εις πέρας ο Σύνδεσμος μας με την αρωγή του βουλευτή των Εργατικών της Μεγάλης Βρετανίας Geraint Davies, ο οποίος και το κατέθεσε. Επίσης να αναφέρουμε και την πολύτιμη βοήθεια που μας παρείχε η κυρία Θεοδώρα Μπακογιάννη την οποία και ευχαριστούμε καθώς και την Ελληνική και την Κυπριακή αντιπροσωπεία.

Υπενθυμίζουμε ότι ουδέποτε δεν έχει κατατεθεί αντίστοιχο τέτοιο ψήφισμα στο Συμβούλιο της Ευρώπης. Παρακάτω σας παρουσιάζουμε την επιστολή που απέστειλε ο Σύνδεσμος μας:

————————————————————————————————————–

Dear members of the Assembly of the Council of Europe,

On behalf of Famagusta Association of GB and the lawful inhabitants of Famagusta City in Cyprus, and all the refugees in Cyprus, who were violently dispersed from their land by the Turkish military invasion and occupation, I would like to express my appreciation for your support and readiness to approve and vote for the adoption of the motion on Famagusta proposed by the British MP Geraint Davies https://pace.coe.int/en/files/29361 .

I would like to stress that we have witnessed total disregard by Turkey of the UN SC resolutions over the years and since the Turkish invasion and occupation of nearly 40% of the Republic of Cyprus’ territory, a member state of the EU. The most recent and direct contempt to international law is the opening of the fenced off part of Famagusta City (the so called ‘ghost town’) with the intention of inhabiting this 18% remaining free part of the City of Famagusta by Turkish settlers. The rest 82% has already been inhabited by illegal settlers.

Since the invasion by the Turkish troops in 1974, this section of Famagusta (Varosha) was sealed off and remains, since then, uninhabited, being under the direct control of the Turkish military force. Turkey has been refusing, despite unanimous UN SC Resolutions, to allow the return of the City’s lawful inhabitants.

In addition the Turkish President Erdogan illegally, and in an act of provocation, not long ago, visited the occupied city of Famagusta and had a picnic, celebrating the captivity of the City, making plans on how to modify parts of the captured City and how to attract illegal settlers from Turkey.

As most of you probably know, the Parliament of the European Union has in its overwhelming majority decided to approve and adopt a motion on Famagusta City, including a paragraph which calls on Turkey to obey and implement the UN Security Council resolutions on Famagusta City or else that the EU will apply strict sanctions against Turkey.

I urge the democratic and humane feelings of you as members of the Assembly of the Council of Europe, irrespective of your political affiliations, to support wholeheartedly this motion and proposing the adding up of a paragraph like the European Union Parliament did, to call on Turkey to adhere to the UN Security Council resolutions on Famagusta City with a deadline of compliance or that else the Council of Europe will be applying strict sanctions against Turkey at the next Assembly meeting.

Kind Regards,

Dr Vassilis Mavrou

Εκκλησία Online
Αποστολή
Αξιολόγηση επισκεπτών 0 (0 ψήφοι)

Προσθήκη σχολίου

Το email είναι ήδη εγγεγραμμένο στην ιστοσελίδα. Παρακαλώ συνδεθείτε ή ξαναπροσπαθήστε.

Δώσατε λάθος όνομα ή κωδικό

Sorry, you must be logged in to post a comment.